Political Card Battle is an NFT-tied trading card parody game created by fantasy author Jacob Veritas. Inspired by popular trading card games from Japan, PCB lets you battle it out using popular political and historical figures.
Currently, the cards are digital-only and can be printed out at home. Full details of our release plan can be found on our Q&A section at the bottom of the page.
Please support the project by donating or by purchasing a collectible NFT from OpenSea. Social media shares are also highly appreciated so we could make this a long-term project. Join our FB group here.
As a way to say thank you, first purchase collectors who purchase NFTs will have the opportunity to request a free signed collectible.
Follow @MrJacobVeritas on IG or Twitter and give suggestions on which politicians and historical figures Jacob should make into a card.
NFT drops are typically announced on social media and through email. Sign up for the email alert today using the form on this page.
How to Play
- At the beginning of a game, each Player draws 3 Cards from their deck and summons 1 Combatant from their hand to their Active Area.
- Each player’s side of the field contains 1 Active Area and room for up to 3 Combatants on the Bench.
- Each turn, both players draw 1 Card and roll a dice. Whoever’s dice result is higher can declare one of the following:
- Use one of an Active Combatant’s skills
- Play an Agenda Card
- Summon an additional Combatant Card from their hand if there is room on their Bench
- Switch their Active Combatant with a Benched Combatant
- In the event of an Dice Roll tie, both Active Combatants take 3 Tie Damage
- When a Combatant Card reaches zero health points, they are Banished from the match
- The player who is left with no Combatants on their field loses
- See the following graphic below for a suggested field format
- There are no Cards banned at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are physical cards going to be released?
- Yes. Physical cards will be available on Amazon in the form of booster packs and singles.
- They are expected to be released in mid-2022.
- How do I buy NFTs of the cards?
- The ONLY official Political Card Battle NFTs are listed on our OpenSea page. Please purchase them there. Beware of fakes.
- How do you make these cards?
- Everything is done on Adobe Creative Cloud. We have no affiliation with them, but we use their software to make these cards.
- How do I request a collectible signed print of these cards?
- Each NFT contains a hidden unlockable which lets you get a physical signed collectible of the card you purchased.
- How should I print these cards for home games?
- For a the best experience, please print on 5" x 7" or 2.5" x 3.5" sized paper. Thicker paper is recommended.
- Who do I contact for media/podcast appearances?
- Will there be more cards coming in the future?
- Yes! Volume 2 is in the works! To suggest cards, Tweet or IG @MrJacobVeritas